Important note for travelers
As Cyprus is a candidate country bound to join the Schengen Area, Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid multiple-entry Schengen visas must first pass through a full Schengen member territory in order to utilize the visa in Cyprus. The Schengen Visa holder is allowed to travel to Cyprus directly from a Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
The above arrangements do not apply for persons holding a Turkish or Azerbaijani passport. If you are affected, please visit the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs websit on how to apply for a Cyprus Visa.
For further information, please check the European Commission website regarding Schengen Visas.
Click here to download the MFA Application for Visa
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
- ARGENTINE REPUBLIC
- HONG KONG
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI)
For the latest information please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affair website.
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 52 km (32.4mi) from Nicosia. For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca).
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 145 km (90.3mi) from Nicosia. For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos).
- Paphos International Airport to the resort is about 45 minutes.
- Larnaca International Airport to the resort is a beat more than 2 hours.
Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
A list of all buses around Cyprus including night buses, rural buses and intercity buses can be found on "Cyprus by Bus" website at www.cyprusbybus.co. The buses are separated by city while route details, timetables and maps are available for each route.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type. (UK)
- English is the second language and is understood by almost everyone on the island. French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian are also widely spoken.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. International code for Cyprus is +357.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 60 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- Cyprus is a full member of the European Union.